Sunday, August 7, 2011

l;ong time no updates

I fiunally logged in here and realized the last post was in May!!! Holy cow! Anyhow, work has been slowly progressing on the ol' TR2.  I now have the Bonnet, boot, and right door in DP epoxy primer. That's a nice satin black, waterproof primer that will serve as the topcoat on this car till later.

Lately it's been on to the engine. I have 2 engine blocks for this car, so I hauled them out and got them bolted up on stands. the first one is out of a TR3, and is the one that came with the TR when I got it in Vermont. I tore it down to check it out. #4 cylinder was seized and the other bores are rusty. Being a wet-sleeve engine the cylinders are removable so I took the block right down to nothing.
the other engine came out of a 66 TR4A that I parted out. that engine has threads missing for some of the head studs, so the block is not much good, but the 86mm pistons and cylinders are good. So, Instant bore job for the TR3 motor.

That's about where I'm at at the moment. Next is cleanup of engine parts, measuring everything to see what's good, and ordering some parts to put it all together.
I have the TR3 head servicible, as I took it into work a few months back, and lapped in the valves. It'll do for now, while I save up to have the good flowing TR4A head done properly later.
And for now it looks like the TR3 cam will be used. the 4A cam looks a bit rough. Unless someone out there has a hot cam for an even hotter price.hehehehhe

Talk to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment