Friday, February 11, 2011

The current state of disarray

Well, Like I said, it's mid-winter here in the frozen north. The TR is stuck out in the garage, unheated, buried under a pile of junk and recycling, but all is not at a standstill.
Last week I managed to retrieve a TR3 high-port cylinder head from under the workbench, locate the valves and springs, and tote them all into work to make use of some of the down time during the day. I cleaned it all up and lapped in the valves for a "down-n-dirty" workable cylinder head.  The valves and seats cleaned up reasonably well, and should be just fine for an interim motor  until I can afford to rebuild the TR4A motor I have in the wings.
This means the GLB TR2 will require lead additive for now. But I'll save the cost of the head work till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment