Saturday, February 12, 2011

TR2 loaded up


TR2 loaded up
Originally uploaded by banjoben42
Here's the GLB TR2 on the day my Dad and I went to Vermont to pick it up in October of 2005. We piled the extra parts in the interior, and the back of the borrowed Chevy truck we took, and strapped the engine to the trailer in front of the car.
Here it is 6 years later and it pretty much looks the same. Fairly solid, but cruddy.
Most all the parts are there, and I hope that this summer it will become much more of a car that a collection of junk

2 comments:

  1. I also have to post that I distinctly remember the trip. It was a fun time and I really enjoyed the time spent with my dad. We also got to stop at a great diner for lunch where they had Monty Cristo sandwiches! I hadn't had one in 4 years at that point, and come to think of it, I haven't had one since. They are impossible to find around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing something similar with a TR3A. All in so far I've spent $4200.00, including purchase price, insurance, maintenance, repairs, and registration. The car is fully functioning, driveable, licensed and insured. It's not a show car, but a lot of folks like its heavy patina. It does have a full interior with a good top and side curtains. I'm keeping a strict accounting on this one (my 3rd). This has been fun! Anyone can make them shiny. Can't help on the parts list yet, but I have a few redundant spares and I'll keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete