Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring is coming...

The weather here in NY has, very slowly, been creeping back above the freezing mark in the last few weeks. Robins have been spotted, and flocks of geese are seen traveling North daily. The iceberg I shoveled in front of my garage doors as all but melted, allowing me to open the right side door for the first time in months. I even found a tiller buried in the snow.... It may have belonged to one of the members of  "The Lost Squadron". That'll be another small project soon, as I'll need that tiller for the garden this spring.
Yesterday, Friday, saw 60 degrees. Of course today, while I have off, it's back to 32 with flurries. I spent some time out in the garage anyway. It's a mess since I Quit my job as an auto technician 3 weeks ago, and started working in a shop that builds automation equipment for factories. That move caused me to bring home my "big ol'" tool box, and  try and stuff it in the garage. Also I brought my sand blaster home, and a roll around cart, and a mini fridge and my welder and some other random stuff... all of which is now stuffed in the bay where the BMW sat since it is back in daily service and no longer goes in the garage.
I managed to break down a couple of large boxes, and clear out 2 bags of junk. and I can actually see the TR that was under the pile. I'm attempting to keep working out there. It's gonna be a long process just getting the garage ready to work in this year.  the biggest issue it that I had major water intrusion this winter.  the front part of the floor is bad, and becomes a lake in heavy rain. This winter it flooded, then froze, then flooded more, and froze.... I had 3 mowers stuck in the ice, the sheetrock that was leaning on the wall is bad now, and the whole garage is still rather damp. Tools are already getting surface rust. I headed to the hardware store today for a fresh bottle of WD40 the help stop the problem.
Clean-up is first, then it'll be repairing the floor, installing a gutter, then starting on the TR.
All hinging on the weather cooperating.
I hope signs of spring are appearing where you are as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment